Menu

Join Discord Server 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.beanblockz.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE

why is beanblocks not a popular server?

Kodythekilla

I think bean blocks is a great server it is the best one i have ever played and that is why i stick around. the reason i am making this thread is to ask the question "why is this not a popular server?" i have checked a few things and done a bit of research to figure this out and i found nothing that should limit the size of the server.

The first thing i looked at is the Youtube channel to see how much the owner advertises it i have never watched a full video of his and this was my first time. his channel was honestly better than i expected.but more importantly it had over 1.7M subs and there is a link to the server in the description of every video. My only suggestion for the youtube channel is maybe at the very end of every video he puts a screen saying the server IP and maybe a short like 5 second advertisement. but he records videos on the server sometimes so there is no lack of advertising.

its a really good server it has good prices for ranks and most importantly no memberships the server is not p2w at all like most servers are and i honestly think this server is better than almost all other survival servers my only real complaint is the lack of updates and the rules involving alts i'm going to be honest i really don't like those rules but i have 5 alts so i am very biased when i say that. other than those two things i think this is honestly a great server and its a real shame to see it with less than 500 players on at a time.

so do you know what the is holding the server back? id like to hear your feedback
-kodythekilla

Luka

Dedicated Member
Lcka
Lcka
Advertising!
Advertising (next to the updates and new fresh stuff) is the only way to save the server! Every year there are less and less active players and it's really sad!

Joel and/or Lizzie do BeanBlockz videos only once in a while. The videos which made the server really popular are those with pranking people, but I haven't seen one in years!
I'm aware that we have a really small influence on them and that we shouldn't force them to do what they don't want but that's the only way to gain players. Maybe not them? Staff could hire some other YouTubers to advertise it, or maybe even open the applications for YouTube rank?

lukejr

While I think BeanBlockz is a good server it's certainly not the best one out there and I think even the most active BeanBlockz players that have played on other networks would agree. The way I see it, and I'm not meaning to be cruel in saying this, this server wouldn't have gotten very far without being branded by Joel and his YouTube channel. What we're seeing now is that it also can't seem to be as successful without his influence either.

As far as I'm aware the only times Joel seems to make content featuring BeanBlockz are the building competitions; which I don't think are very good at retaining players long-term, in most cases not even for the duration of the competition he's advertising. After he makes a video, the Competition server can see upwards of 100 players before settling back down to no more than 20 or a dozen a couple days later. If Joel seriously wants this server to be as successful as it was in the past then it's mostly his responsibility to do so. The managers and admins can fix and tweak the server until it's ideal, even perfect, all they like but without sufficient advertising there will be no new players coming to experience said changes. It's really unfortunate to see Joel not seem to take an interest in the server anymore, I'd almost wish he'd back out from the server entirely instead of letting the playbase dwindle over a couple years.

A contributing factor in existing players leaving was also this last reset being widely regarded as terrible for the server. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that this server isn't P2W (it most certainly is) or that it's one of the best; if you'd played one of the resets prior to this one you'd know that BeanBlockz isn't as good as it used to be. Thomas has acknowledged that this past year was not the best for BeanBlockz, which is a good start to this year and hopefully they'll take it in the right direction in the future. Again, though, fixing the server alone isn't going to attract new players; that part needs to come from Joel.

Kodythekilla

you are right but if he doesn't help we cant just let the server die right? something needs to be done if he cant than who will? we are a community of players if we worked together we could probably get something figured out and i have played a lot of other servers i have probably spent nearly 500$ on mine craft servers and this server is not p2w it is the cheapest server i have played. there was a server that i played for years before joining this one it was very p2w and the reason i left after spending 200$ is because they made things into memberships. this server is not bad.

roritheracecar

Mama has already stated that its a little silly to hire someone else to be 'the face' of the server, because well, it is Joel's. However, I do believe that if it his, is Joel's, he should be seeing as such, and he should take responsibility for it. More effort on his end would be nice. : )

However, do keep in mind both Jesse and Thomas are doing the best that they can do, and it is sufficing for the time being. They're talking about a reset, and although I'd like to see numbers increase, I don't think the server is going to shut down, as it appears to be made out to be. : )

lukejr

you are right but if he doesn't help we cant just let the server die right? something needs to be done if he cant than who will? we are a community of players if we worked together we could probably get something figured out and i have played a lot of other servers i have probably spent nearly 500$ on mine craft servers and this server is not p2w it is the cheapest server i have played. there was a server that i played for years before joining this one it was very p2w and the reason i left after spending 200$ is because they made things into memberships. this server is not bad.
That's the thing unfortunately, people have been speculating as to whether Joel's even got an interest in the server anymore, and if he hasn't then we can't do anything to combat that. We're only players, we're his "customers" from a business point of view, and with that means we have no influence on how it's run. We can't stop it from dying except by playing more, but playing a server only to keep it alive doesn't seem like a very productive use of anyone's time.

I don't think the server's "dead", or even "dying", I doubt BeanBlockz will ever cease operations due to low player count; worst case scenario is the servers will downscale to a more comfortable size for Thomas to manage and even that's unlikely. The server will only effectively "die" when the owners say they're pulling the plug. With that in mind though, just because it's not going to "die" doesn't mean that there should be negligence regarding its dropping playercount, something either needs to be done from Joel's end regarding advertising or the admins' end to make a more enjoyable reset. Both would be in everyone's best interests ideally.