Weird bot accounts?

Gryffindor

May 7, 2016
Okay. First things first. You've probably seen one of those weird forum threads on introductions or off-topic things, which may I include are sometimes weird and disturbing, and the account that published them was literally just made that day and is normally just a bunch of random letters put together like 'madosh' or something. I've seen a few and reported a few for being weird, disturbing and disgusting. Does anyone know if they're bots?
They probably are and are just here to troll staff members and new members, but why do people waste a few minutes of their life copy and pasting something from Wikipedia or another website just to make people creeped out? Not sure if this should go in the questions forum, but I guess it's nothing really to do with the game.
Okay, so let me just ask. Are they bots?

shiv

Nov 10, 2015
Yes, they are spam bots.Mods try to delete them as soon as they see them.

auggie

Jul 24, 2017
They are just bots, people usually set up a robot to make random accounts and send it on various forums to advertise some things.

Like said, When mods see them, they delete them. But, you’re doing good, just keep on reporting the accounts or let an online moderator know.

petalier

Apr 8, 2017
Yeah unfortunately even with systems in place to prevent bots, we still somehow get them (and generally just some spam threads). Like the others said, as soon as a mod sees one, the post is deleted. Unfortunately some people still do get to see the inappropriate advertisements before a mod sees them :/

Gryffindor

May 7, 2016
Yes, they are spam bots.Mods try to delete them as soon as they see them.
They are just bots, people usually set up a robot to make random accounts and send it on various forums to advertise some things.

Like said, When mods see them, they delete them. But, you’re doing good, just keep on reporting the accounts or let an online moderator know.
Yeah unfortunately even with systems in place to prevent bots, we still somehow get them (and generally just some spam threads). Like the others said, as soon as a mod sees one, the post is deleted. Unfortunately some people still do get to see the inappropriate advertisements before a mod sees them :/
Okay. It's good to know they're bots but it's not good to know that they're bots, if that makes sense? Thanks!