Menu

Join Discord Server 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.beanblockz.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE

survival

ashley

does anyone else miss the old survival when it wasn't primarily about who has the biggest grinder & can make the most money? maybe it's just me but i loved survival before the whole grinder/spawner thing started & before everything was so easy :/

gaygabi

Dedicated Member
i do. it was and still is fun, but i loved trying to build these bad houses with my old friends and laughing about it in messages.

kxmmy

kxmmy
kxmmy
does anyone else miss the old survival when it wasn't primarily about who has the biggest grinder & can make the most money? maybe it's just me but i loved survival before the whole grinder/spawner thing started & before everything was so easy :/
samee I wish it could go back to the good ol days ):

ashley

i do. it was and still is fun, but i loved trying to build these bad houses with my old friends and laughing about it in messages.
yess! like survival is still my favorite server by far but i really miss the old survivals. having to go on long horse rides, dragging them through the oceans to bring them back to your house, rather than just using an egg. going out & finding the biomes and gathering the supplies for your home, rather than just easily buying them. idk, i just feel like it's kind of lost the 'survival' aspect quite a bit.

Last edited:

kxmmy

kxmmy
kxmmy
2016 beanblockz was the best year ):
omg yes, I remember when it was literally just about villages, shops and skin comps. We earned money by basically working for it lol, making pet shops, banner shops, basic material shops making things in /shop cheaper , etc. And everyone was so interactive with each other, I miss it a lot

Last edited:

nataliee

i didnt play survival back then but it seems way more fun than it does now. i dont like how everyone just competes for money and its no longer about building or bonding anymore.

ashley

omg yes, I remember when it was literally just about villages, shops and skin comps. We earned money by basically working for it lol, making pet shops, banner shops, basic material shops making things in /shop cheaper , etc. And everyone was so interactive with each other, I miss it a lot
omg pet shops!! i miss it sm now ):

ashley

i didnt play survival back then but it seems way more fun than it does now. i dont like how everyone just competes for money and its no longer about building or bonding anymore.
it was so fun tbh. definitely one of my favorite memories from beanblockz):

MelodyBliss

Newcomer
oh god, yeah. it only just hit me that it was just over 3 years when i first started playing survival. the first time i earned any money ever was when i won a skin competition. i traveled for thousands of blocks on foot or boat to find the perfect place to build. i was alone for a while, but never bored. i made friends by pure accident and i still miss them. i remember all the ads in the chat for everyone's shops that usually had the top tier items (nametags, saddles, nether stars, beacons) and it was an accomplishment if you had more than one. i got a rank and /fly on here because of how incredibly amazing the friends i made on here were.

i think the journey that it took to get to where we were, no matter how simple the farm or house or shop, was what made survival special, especially with all your friends. even the special perks you paid for irl didn't always make everything super easy.

it helped me when i had no friends at a new school besides one group i didn't know well. i went through three resets in survival red before i stopped playing consistently. i stopped playing altogether on beanblockz soon after that. occasionally i'll check the website to see how beanblockz is doing (which is how i'm here rn).

grinding and spawners really changed how survival was played. i'll miss old survival, but i'm glad there's still people around to enjoy the new cycles it has.