Menu

Join Discord Server 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.beanblockz.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE

Survival Classic Poll

Survival Classic Economy?

• No, I'd like to keep the economy completely vanilla without any way of making money.

Votes: 81 45.5%
  • Yes, I'd like to have some form of economy with very limited means of making money.

Votes: 97 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachlan0100

Newcomer
I dont agree with the 3x modifier being in the classic if this is implemented, however this is a bit of a touchy since people have purchased this perk with real money

Last edited:

wulfie

Trusted Member
I think it would be useful to have a way for earning money only through resources such as woods, stones, and ores. I completely agree with Ashley about not having mob drops, though, because people will immediately set up grinders. I also think it would be nice to keep the /baltop command off the server so people can't compete for those spots. Having a simple economy would be a nice way to run player shops and make easier transactions, but I don't find it completely necessary, either. Either way, I think things would work out perfectly fine & in a vanilla fashion.

MamaDuckie

Community Manager
Community Manager
MamaDuckie
MamaDuckie
Alrighty, so I don't normally give my lengthy opinion on things here on forums, however, by request I'm going to.

In my opinion, having a money based economy on the Classic Survival is a mistake. With money you need to have some form of /shop system to actually earn the money, which then after a while people will insist on having items that can be bought on there to make houses, potions for PvP, etc and give competition for /baltop - all of which in the long run would make the server pretty much the same as the other Survival, just at a slower pace and that basically gives it no reason to be called 'Classic' when essentially you're still having the same exact things on both servers. I understand that no money economy isn't something that's attractive to all players, but that's kind of the reason that both servers aren't 'Classic' is it not? So that people can have a choice of playing with or without money economy. As stated in replies before mine, ore economy was used in the past and it worked for the community.

My opinion on the Survival gamemodes as a whole is that they should be as vanilla as humanly possible and Skyblock should be the only one with a money based economy as there's no natural resources on Skyblock to actually gain anything to build. In Survival, you have the entire world full of resources and if you can't be bothered to go out and explore the way Survival was originally intended to be, then why not just play Creative where you can just open your inventory and get the blocks from the creative menu? A Survival with that much invested in a money based economy is basically a Creative mode that you can die and have naturally spawned in biomes instead of building the biome yourself. Which to be entirely honestly, I find silly.

When we created the Classic Survival it was never intended to get rid of kits and other perks that didn't revolve around economy - at least not from my point of view. When people suggested it, they suggested no shops, no money based economy, basically to take it and drop it back in time before a lot of the plugins were implemented on previous Survivals because there was more purpose to playing the game then when it wasn't just all about afking for money to make gargantuan sized homes just for show, since you don't technically need to 'survive' if you're just sitting all day inside a well lit building making banners because you have /shop to buy things from and have no need to actually go acquire things in the wild or afking in an enclosed spot within massive grinders just to be on /baltop. Surviving means going out and facing the elements in order to feel accomplished when you finally achieve having built a giant castle in the sky or some fancy dwarven mine with ore blocks you had to locate and mine with silk touch that you also had to go out and get the materials and xp to create the pickaxe.

Now, if for whatever reason it does come down to the fact that we do implement a money based economy then it should be exceptionally limited. By which I mean no /shop - as in the command. You should actually have to leave the area you are in and visit a physical shop in order to use it. Said physical shop should also be 100% limited to things that cannot be reproduced in the wild at all. Things such as flowers, lava and water. Things like wood, stones, items obtained by kits or crates, spawners, etc should not be buyable from the shop nor sellable to it for money. Things that would be sellable should be things that you have to physically craft with some degree in difficulty of crafting in order to obtain - cakes, pies, soups, potions, etc. All of which, these sellable items should be sold for minimal amounts of money to make it harder for people to keep permanent claim over /baltop and make player shops and ore economy far more valuable and interesting.

Spawners themselves shouldn't be able to be picked up, moved or changed in anyway. They should stay 100% stationary in the wild where they were, making it far more difficult for people to afk grind for hours upon hours on end for materials that can be used in potions, etc which if the suggestions above are used could then be sold to the shop for money. Being able to make huge grinders just turns the server again into the same type of server as the other Survival.

Money should also not be obtainable from voting, donating, crates, etc as that would make all my other suggestions 100% null, void and pointless to implement.

In conclusion, in my opinion - if this isn't the type of server that you want to play, then you can always go play on the other Survival with an economy based solely around virtual money with the only real hard work is getting your massive grinder to work perfectly and having to mine a stair block you misplaced on your roof. I understand that that type of Survival is appealing to some people and I can see why, however, it gets boring real fast when you can get everything done and built in just a few weeks because you have a /shop so you don't have to mine materials in the wild. Not everyone likes that style of playing and there should be an option for those who want to have to put in work to build something they really want and have to really work together to gather the materials to create things. Which in the past when the survivals didn't have so many options of gaining materials so quickly, the community was closer and there was about half as much drama and people being mean to one another for no reason because they actually had to work together to do things.

So, there you go. Read, enjoy - or don't. Personally survival isn't my go-to server, but I think having them vastly different is the best way to go when we have only so many varied types of gamemodes to begin with and it gives people the chance to have a total different experience depending on which Survival they decide to play.

-Danielle

sqphie

Newcomer
I like the idea of no economy, but trading with things such as Diamonds etc. That would be so cool and spawners that you find in the wild could be used for grinding bones or even classic, fall & drop grinders could be used for iron but things you can't sell.

kxmmy

kxmmy
kxmmy
I feel like adding a way to get money would literally ruin the vanilla way. Even if it’s really simple like selling iron, it’s just going to make everyone afk and focus on that. Many people online have been voicing their opinions as well by asking/telling us to keep the economy the way it is.

Lachlan0100

Newcomer
Sounds pretty split then, if the economy is going to remain the way it is, give diamonds and iron some actual use. the way it is with kits just makes diamonds inherently valueless? everyone is so keen for this survival experience yet it takes 30 seconds to get 2 sets of diamond armor with titan rank? in my opinion that removes the "vanilla way". at the moment, it doesn't really feel like there's anything to work towards...

arifrappe

Honestly, I feel like adding /shop would ruin the server. It's a vanilla server, and adding economy would ruin it. Everybody on the server has been voicing their opinions about this, and most if not all people do NOT want the economy to be added. Plus, I feel like more than half the people voting on this poll don't even play on this server. The Survival Classic server reminds me of how the old Beanblockz used to be. Nobody is fighting, and if somebody needs help, somebody helps them. If you add /shop, people will only worry about money and start afking more. Loads of people were always afk (including me, I'll be honest). Adding /shop and stuff would change all of this, and everybody on the Survival Classic server doesn't like the idea of the economy be added like this. This server is supposed to be vanilla. If you need a resource, you go collect it. If you can't go get it or don't feel like getting it, trade with somebody. We all like the whole trading idea. Like diamonds/emeralds/gold for something else. It won't be the classic vanilla way if you add /shop and other plugins.

ashley

Like Ari said, it's clear that a lot of people who don't play classic are voting on the poll & it kinda sucks. With an average of 50-60 players, which most are the same people on all day, having almost 90 votes on the poll is interesting. I'd say about 90% of our little community on the Classic server does not want money or /shop to be added.

gaygabi

Dedicated Member
Like Ari said, it's clear that a lot of people who don't play classic are voting on the poll & it kinda sucks. With an average of 50-60 players, which most are the same people on all day, having almost 90 votes on the poll is interesting. I'd say about 90% of our little community on the Classic server does not want money or /shop to be added.
Agreed. We’ve talked about it in game and it would ruin the word “classic”

wulfie

Trusted Member
Adding on to this, I believe a lot of players from the Custom Survival are voting yes here in order to have a server they can move to and become the richest on since Survival Custom is currently experiencing issues related to the reset and Classic isn't experiencing many. While we'd love to welcome players to play wherever they choose, Classic is not the place for people who are only playing for baltop spots.

kxmmy

kxmmy
kxmmy
Honestly, I feel like adding /shop would ruin the server. It's a vanilla server, and adding economy would ruin it. Everybody on the server has been voicing their opinions about this, and most if not all people do NOT want the economy to be added. Plus, I feel like more than half the people voting on this poll don't even play on this server. The Survival Classic server reminds me of how the old Beanblockz used to be. Nobody is fighting, and if somebody needs help, somebody helps them. If you add /shop, people will only worry about money and start afking more. Loads of people were always afk (including me, I'll be honest). Adding /shop and stuff would change all of this, and everybody on the Survival Classic server doesn't like the idea of the economy be added like this. This server is supposed to be vanilla. If you need a resource, you go collect it. If you can't go get it or don't feel like getting it, trade with somebody. We all like the whole trading idea. Like diamonds/emeralds/gold for something else. It won't be the classic vanilla way if you add /shop and other plugins.
Agreed. With classic we should work for our things and trade, like we are now. And it is a little sketchy that there are so many votes, our small classic community has 60 or less players on daily. We were all talking about this and really everyone in chat agrees not to add a money system, I think if people want to earn money/be on baltop classic is not the place for them and they should play on the custom survival. With spawners I think we should still be able to pick them up since you worked to find them but changing them should be disabled.

Fifistargazer

Newcomer
I like having no economy in the Vinella sever. But I do think we should take out some of the higher kits maybe like commander and up? So if someone does die and they can’t use ./back they should still be able to get some sort of items back that they lost ? If you were to add an economy add just a small shop with some basic stuff if anything. I like how people use iron , gold ,and diamonds as a currency for money. If people wanted /shop and higher kits they can just go to the Custom sever. I do think we should keep fly because it dose help people with builds and stuff like that.

Silveriinq

Dedicated Member
I'm personally huge on nostalgia. And I started playing in 2015 during the real growth of the idea of a survival server with little to no economy that wasn't in your inventory and where the most money someone had was 2 million. That version of survival had a flare, to me. The feeling of validation after finishing a beautiful build all by yourself is unmatched. Just scrambling through all your chests for your iron and gold ingots and diamonds and emeralds to go on a shopping spree in peoples stores was so much fun. Paying 2 iron for a skin comp and winning a prize that gave back more than what you paid for was fun. I think we should totally remove money altogether for classic survival. There's no reason for it anyways; we don't have the /shop or /warp shop anymore. I think it'd be cool if we won 3 diamonds or some rare (but not too rare) item from winning chat games instead of money. Having the money system at all strips the idea of that server. The idea of which was for a small group of people to escape the old grind of custom survival and play actual Minecraft for a bit. Even if it's going to be a less popular gamemode, it'd be a great one for people like me who are huge on nostalgia and miss how the survivals used to be. Through the years it's been noticeable that we have lost players quicker with survivals purely for making money. People don't come to Minecraft for that; people come for a sandbox game of low-def pixels and with a lust of mining to find diamonds, only to accidentally die in lava, or a lust to build a gorgeous house and have a part of it blown up by a creeper. Players become chained to the rhythm (no katy perry reference intended hehe) of grinding and afking for hours and hours and that's how these servers have lost people. It may have 100 daily players now but in like 2 months it'll have 80. And then 60. And then 40. And then we NEED to reset just to get players again. The server stayed populated easier with actual challenge shown in plain sight to players and that's what we all kind of need right now. Especially in a server that seems to be becoming predominantly boring and easy to play. We love a good challenge and by keeping the economy at all would take that challenge away.

Punk

Newcomer
I'm sorry but making money equals making banner shops, pet shops, other shops, winning chat games, voting, etc. I don't see what's so hard to understand, afk grinding isn't fun, they're only making money to be #1. Like I've said, the economy 3 resets ago was very healthy and stable. It consisted of /ah, that was IT. I agree, the challenge was what made players come back to play everyday, before this reset I only was active for 1 week because there was no challenge since I got money like that.

arifrappe

I'm personally huge on nostalgia. And I started playing in 2015 during the real growth of the idea of a survival server with little to no economy that wasn't in your inventory and where the most money someone had was 2 million. That version of survival had a flare, to me. The feeling of validation after finishing a beautiful build all by yourself is unmatched. Just scrambling through all your chests for your iron and gold ingots and diamonds and emeralds to go on a shopping spree in peoples stores was so much fun. Paying 2 iron for a skin comp and winning a prize that gave back more than what you paid for was fun. I think we should totally remove money altogether for classic survival. There's no reason for it anyways; we don't have the /shop or /warp shop anymore. I think it'd be cool if we won 3 diamonds or some rare (but not too rare) item from winning chat games instead of money. Having the money system at all strips the idea of that server. The idea of which was for a small group of people to escape the old grind of custom survival and play actual Minecraft for a bit. Even if it's going to be a less popular gamemode, it'd be a great one for people like me who are huge on nostalgia and miss how the survivals used to be. Through the years it's been noticeable that we have lost players quicker with survivals purely for making money. People don't come to Minecraft for that; people come for a sandbox game of low-def pixels and with a lust of mining to find diamonds, only to accidentally die in lava, or a lust to build a gorgeous house and have a part of it blown up by a creeper. Players become chained to the rhythm (no katy perry reference intended hehe) of grinding and afking for hours and hours and that's how these servers have lost people. It may have 100 daily players now but in like 2 months it'll have 80. And then 60. And then 40. And then we NEED to reset just to get players again. The server stayed populated easier with actual challenge shown in plain sight to players and that's what we all kind of need right now. Especially in a server that seems to be becoming predominantly boring and easy to play. We love a good challenge and by keeping the economy at all would take that challenge away.
I love this so much, I have nothing to add to it lol. I love the idea of just the grabbing your diamonds to go shopping.

SabineThePony

Newcomer
I don't think there should be kits and money. Kits ruin the point of classic survival. How is it classic if we all have iron or diamonds stuff with a single command? I also do think there should not be money. I think that without money, it would make us (the players) do trades for items. Like a house for 64 diamonds, and stuff like that. With money, the game is too easy, and it would not be classic.

NoahsLove

Newcomer
Regarding to the idea of an economy with money, I disagree and I agree.
I believe that the way of Classic Survival is without money and with collecting resources to make living.

But I play Survival Custom and I believe the economy side of things is very enjoyable and fun, so I
believe in regards to this there should definitely be sort of currency but I think the things you can
buy should be limited. If currency was added, I think it should be a whole new side of currency, where
instead of money, we use precious gems/ores/blocks to pay for things and trade.

If we was taking this into an example, we could say that dragon eggs should be purchasable with
stacks of blocks or diamonds.

lionaplatfordxxx

Newcomer
i honestly hated the idea of vanilla survival to begin with but now i don't understand how i didn't get bored on the old survival, now i actually have to mine and collect materials and it feels a lot more community based then a competition

Status
Not open for further replies.