I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying their weekend so far! Today I'm excited to announce a new era of staff applications. Going forward, we're no longer holding 'application periods'. Instead, our staff applications will be held year round with no close date. The way this is going to work is that once you apply your application will remain active/open for 90 days. After the 90 days has expired, the application will be archived and you will be able to reapply once again - when and if you wish to.
In order to ensure we pick the right players for the position, we have a set process for applications. This works as follows:
If we're satisfied with your answers and decide to recruit you to our team, we'll invite you to our staff Discord where you'll get to chat to other staff members for a day or two before you're given the rank in-game. This will allow you to see how we work as a team and get any initial questions out of the way before you jump head-first into the world of moderation!
- Forum Application: This is the application form linked at the bottom of the page. The application contains a standard set of questions which will be used to find out some details about you, which will allow us to decide whether or not we think you're a suitable candidate.
- Discord Interview: If we like your forum application, we will potentially invite you onto either our Discord server where we'll have a short chat (15 minutes or so) where we'll hopefully get to know you a little better - this is nothing to be nervous about, so please don't be! We'll also link you a few videos & screenshots of players breaking the rules and ask you how you'd handle them if you were the moderator who answered the report.
The requirements for being a staff member on the server are as follows:
- At least 13 years old
- Fluent in English
- Relatively clean punishment record
- Able to speak to us over Discord
- Able to record gameplay and upload to YouTube
- Able to take screenshots and upload to a site such as Imgur
- Able to dedicate at least an hour a day to the server (we're more than happy to make exceptions for this - just make sure you let us know in your application)
If you fit the criteria and are still interested in applying, you may do so by filling in the form that can be found here.
- Becoming a staff member will not provide you with contact to Joel or Lizzie.
- Your application must be entirely your own work - if you are found to have copied any part of your application from the internet it will be instantly denied and you will not be able to apply for staff ever again.
- Please don't rush your application. We're looking for quality applications - an application you've pieced together in 15 minutes is not quality!
Good luck to everyone applying! We look forward to reading your applications and getting to know you all better!