Question About Resets

Hoopdy

Newcomer
Mar 4, 2019
All:

If the server were to eventually update to 1.13 or 1.14, would this require a "reset"?

If so, would this mean that everything one has built up to that point in time be deleted?

Would this also mean that all in-game currency, achievements, levels, inventory, etc., also reset?

Thank you

marian

Popular Member
Feb 27, 2016
You can join with 1.13 it's just a bit glitchy because most of the other gamemodes have to consider every single other version of Minecraft. If survival were reset, yes everything would disappear and, most likely, it would be updated to 1.13.

Hoopdy

Newcomer
Mar 4, 2019
You can join with 1.13 it's just a bit glitchy because most of the other gamemodes have to consider every single other version of Minecraft. If survival were reset, yes everything would disappear and, most likely, it would be updated to 1.13.
Yes, I downgraded because of the issues. It is probably due to the server running 1.12.

I am concerned about a server "reset" and the effect that it would have one all gamemodes. Does what you said for survival apply to all gamemodes?

Mxgically

Jul 22, 2018
The server before the reset ran on 1.8, bar the survival servers because they were updated every 6-12 months. If the entire server were to jump to 1.13 or 1.14, as you say, there will most likely be a whole server reset.

Cookkiee

Apr 10, 2017
I'm not sure if I missed something but sometimes there are resets for a few gamemodes (not revamps) and everything, builds, levels, currency, claim blocks, the whole nine yards will disappear and you have to start over.

Hoopdy

Newcomer
Mar 4, 2019
I'm not sure if I missed something but sometimes there are resets for a few gamemodes (not revamps) and everything, builds, levels, currency, claim blocks, the whole nine yards will disappear and you have to start over.
That is very unfortunate. Why is this the case here? I do not believe a lot of the larger servers reset everything when they upgrade, do they?

Mxgically

Jul 22, 2018
That is very unfortunate. Why is this the case here? I do not believe a lot of the larger servers reset everything when they upgrade, do they?
To put it in an easy way to explain, 1.13's mechanics are majorly different to 12.2. New biomes, new blocks, new animals and new player animations. If the server were to just jump the versions, we would land up with a very glitched and incomplete server.