Is it allowed to talk about punishments in chat?

Kadmus

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2019
When i say talking i mean it like:
person1: oh, hey, our friend got banned yesterday
person 2: that sucks, why?
person 1: apparently they were rude to a mod
person 2: well, i hope they learned their lesson

Because i just read the whole rules a few times and i didn't find something that said that it wasn't allowed to talk about punishments
However, i know that arguing or discussing punishments is not allowed, but my question is if talking about them in chat is allowed.

kxmmy

Apr 16, 2018
No, talking about punishments is not allowed since it can cause unnecessary drama also, it should stay between them and whoever they are telling, not to the community.

Kadmus

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2019
No, talking about punishments is not allowed since it can cause unnecessary drama also, it should stay between them and whoever they are telling, not to the community.
Lol.

PinkWeezie

Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Nov 6, 2015
Kxmmy is correct, talking about punishments tends to cause unnecessary drama in the chat because most of the time the person who was punished is upset about it. Usually they tend to bring it to chat to express how the mod was incorrect and that they didn’t deserve the ban. In our rules it does state that mods have the final say in what happens and if the players have an issue they can message a Sr. Mod about the staff member with valid proof.
We don’t want other players getting involved because some will jump in and talk about how they dislike mods and that they are doing their job wrong. That is the main reason we do not like players talking about punishments in chat and why we will usually say to drop the topic.