BeanBlockz Network: Revamp Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunneh

Dec 3, 2017
I am speaking on behalf of a lot of C1 and C2 users and I... We are not really happy that our builds, rps, ect. that we have been working on for maybe days, weeks, or months. This is very disappointing. Knowing it is not any of the Moderators desire for this upcoming event, which brings me to an Idea. We could change the date and people who want their builds saved can be saved by staff. I think there should be a forum stating the plot ID and the importance of the build and how long it took. Personally I don't have big builds. I gave up when my best build had gotten griefed. But there are some people like BCU (the university of Beanblockz) Joel and his staff had worked really hard to make these plots.
~deepest regards bunneh/people of C1 and C2

Tot

Apr 13, 2016
yEaH sO hYPEd

petalier

Apr 8, 2017
I am speaking on behalf of a lot of C1 and C2 users and I... We are not really happy that our builds, rps, ect. that we have been working on for maybe days, weeks, or months. This is very disappointing. Knowing it is not any of the Moderators desire for this upcoming event, which brings me to an Idea. We could change the date and people who want their builds saved can be saved by staff. I think there should be a forum stating the plot ID and the importance of the build and how long it took. Personally I don't have big builds. I gave up when my best build had gotten griefed. But there are some people like BCU (the university of Beanblockz) Joel and his staff had worked really hard to make these plots.
~deepest regards bunneh/people of C1 and C2
Hi! We understand that people would be upset if their builds got destroyed, but sometimes it's good to have a change. Creative servers tend to be the ones with the least amount of resets, and it's now time for a fresh start. Please keep in mind that we also need to update to Minecraft's newest versions, so eventually, resets are just inevitable. Whatever was mentioned in Thomas' post will remain that way. On the bright side, you'll have plenty of time to make and enjoy new builds on the new servers! The last thing that is important to be said is that it's impossible to only save some builds and not all. After all, this would completely defeat the purpose of a reset. People would be swarming staff members to save their plots, and no one has the time to do this, nor the means to do this. I hope you understand why things must remain the way they are.

bunneh

Dec 3, 2017
Hi! We understand that people would be upset if their builds got destroyed, but sometimes it's good to have a change. Creative servers tend to be the ones with the least amount of resets, and it's now time for a fresh start. Please keep in mind that we also need to update to Minecraft's newest versions, so eventually, resets are just inevitable. Whatever was mentioned in Thomas' post will remain that way. On the bright side, you'll have plenty of time to make and enjoy new builds on the new servers! The last thing that is important to be said is that it's impossible to only save some builds and not all. After all, this would completely defeat the purpose of a reset. People would be swarming staff members to save their plots, and no one has the time to do this, nor the means to do this. I hope you understand why things must remain the way they are.
i understand the issue thanks for the reply. Although i still stand by my point. C1 and C2 have possibly some of the best builders i have seen. To be honest i'm pretty sure that at least 80% of the users on C1, C2, and Skyblock are very disappointed and we are really sad. We love this server. This server is like my second family. In my opinion this change will make the server "better" in a way but also making those servers worried for their plots and islands. Another Suggestion: I think that the rank [King] should have World Edit Privileges. This is regarding the issue that I payed $100 (us dollars) for this rank and still have the same "uses" as the rank [Knight] in C1. Maybe give [King]'s the "World Edit Privilege" and grant [Titan] another bigger "command"/"use" such as...

{{Bold §l \u00A7l
Strikethrough §m \u00A7m
Underline §n \u00A7n
Italic §o \u00A7o}}

...on signs/nicks. ~deepest regards bunneh

Jem07

Jul 2, 2018
To reclaim ur rank will u need The recipe? :)

MamaDuckie

Community Manager
Community Manager
Nov 7, 2015
i understand the issue thanks for the reply. Although i still stand by my point. C1 and C2 have possibly some of the best builders i have seen. To be honest i'm pretty sure that at least 80% of the users on C1, C2, and Skyblock are very disappointed and we are really sad. We love this server. This server is like my second family. In my opinion this change will make the server "better" in a way but also making those servers worried for their plots and islands. Another Suggestion: I think that the rank [King] should have World Edit Privileges. This is regarding the issue that I payed $100 (us dollars) for this rank and still have the same "uses" as the rank [Knight] in C1. Maybe give [King]'s the "World Edit Privilege" and grant [Titan] another bigger "command"/"use" such as...

{{Bold §l \u00A7l
Strikethrough §m \u00A7m
Underline §n \u00A7n
Italic §o \u00A7o}}

The use of special characters in nicks would make it exceptionally difficult for staff and other players to /realname people that way, providing us many issues in the case we need to punish those who broke rules. In addition, all the special new features and updates are already set in place, requesting them now is not really going to change much, which is why we have the Suggestions section here on forums so that we can figure out what the players want next for the server and for us to see what we can do to make those things happen within our power and limits as a server. I suggest making a post in the Suggestions section with any ideas you may have for the server as they can and will easily get lost here.

As petalier said, with MC updating, we're going to end up resetting the server at some point or another and most of the player base knows that eventually the servers will reset so that we can bring bigger and better things to you all. The creatives have never actually had an update since they were opened either, so they are very much behind the rest of the server anyway. With all the updates, there's many new blocks and aspects of the game that will make building that much more enjoyable and allow players to create far more magnificent builds than they have on the old servers.

Not to mention that when MC servers don't update and implement new things they start to lose players and without players it becomes very hard to have a functioning server. Servers that end up losing players because of lack in updates eventually end up shutting down and I'm sure that's not something you'd want to see happen since you love Bbz. You need to take a step back and try to look at it as a sort of company and not just some random MC server or realm to really see it the way we do and to understand why this needs to be done.

Thomas

Owner
Owner
Nov 1, 2015

{{Bold §l \u00A7l
Strikethrough §m \u00A7m
Underline §n \u00A7n
Italic §o \u00A7o}}

Hey, I'll add to the conversation by saying that we've looked hard trying to find a way to upgrade the Creative servers without losing any plots etc, however seeing as how old they are it's simply not possible. The Creative servers are plagued with issues and all our attempts to upgrade haven't been successful. The Creative servers haven't had any major updates pushed to them over the past few years for this exact reason.

With the new servers this shouldn't be a problem. We've designed them so that when it comes to upgrading it should essentially be a breeze. Losing your builds at the start is absolutely an inconvenience but in the long run we're confident that this move will work out to be beneficial for us as the administrators and you as the players.

RGBCYMK

Aug 11, 2017
This is so exciting!

I remember last reset my /fly and rank were not active, will this happen again?

RGBCYMK

Aug 11, 2017
This is so exciting!

I remember last reset my /fly and rank were not active, will this happen again?

aug

Jul 24, 2017
Yes!
Hype!

dovenaa

Aug 21, 2017
Never been so excited for a server resetting in possibly, my whole life. Good thing me and my friends have been planning for months now! :) I'm excited to see all the new players who'll be joining!

Ebley

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2017
can you just tell us now if your messing with the way redstone works so i can go find another sever and not wast my time testing on friday to see if you have messed with it.

Silveriinq

Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2016

{{Bold §l \u00A7l
Strikethrough §m \u00A7m
Underline §n \u00A7n
Italic §o \u00A7o}}

A m e n.

bbellaa

Nov 23, 2015
can you just tell us now if your messing with the way redstone works so i can go find another sever and not wast my time testing on friday to see if you have messed with it.
Were just updating the server, so redstone will work with whatever update we get. Other than everything being cleared, the redstone should work fine.

ThiccAriii

Dec 6, 2017

Hi everyone,

Today marks an extremely exciting day for the BeanBlockz Community. For the past couple of months, the BeanBlockz team has been working extremely hard on a secret new project. And even though it’s been a long time coming… It is now finally ready! Today we are revealing the new BeanBlockz Network, and we couldn’t be more excited to show what’s to come!

This post aims to explain what will be happening to the server, how things will be transferred, and what our intentions are going forward. Let’s not waste any more time, and jump right into it!

Gamemode Resets
We are classifying this new network as the “BeanBlockz Revamp”... and with a revamp, come new gamemodes! We have re-built the entire network from the ground up, improved our infrastructure, and jam-packed it with quality content. This means that all the existing gamemodes will reset, and you will join an entirely new experience.

Going forward, BeanBlockz is going to discontinue some of its less popular gamemode, in order to devote more time to the projects that are the most prominent with our players. Unfortunately, this means that both the Skywars and KitPvP gamemodes will be shutting down soon, and the network is going to re-launch with Creative, Survival, Skyblock, Factions and Prison!

All of these gamemodes have been completely re-designed with the player in mind, and with lots of exciting new features! Keep an eye out on our site and on the channel of Smallishbeans, as we have a unique preview coming soon, as well as lots of other new content tailored around the BeanBlockz Server!

And for those wondering… There’s no need to stress about your donator ranks! Non-consumable store packages (such as ranks and command permissions) will be available to you once you re-join the network. They’ve been updated and are now better than ever!

Community-Driven Features

Going forward, we want our community of players and staff members to be more involved than ever! BeanBlockz wouldn’t be the same without its amazing community of dedicated players, and we realise that this type of interaction is extremely valuable!

Our staff team will be releasing a monthly newsletter, and our management team is taking a closer look at the suggestions that you bring up with us - ultimately to provide you with lots of unique and refreshing new content tailored around our community. And if you’re wondering what our first new feature is… We are launching with an entirely new Friends Management system!

New Graphics & Website
Along with our server launch, we will be releasing with entirely new set of graphics and a brand-new website. We’re upgrading to the latest and greatest version of our forum software, and along with a new theme - many performance improvements will make your way around the website better than ever before!

These updates will be done later during this week. A separate post will be made to inform you about the maintenance window and the specifics that are included in the update.

And that’s it for our announcement! An unbelievable amount of time, work and dedication has gone into this project. We hope you are as excited as we are. The new network is expected to launch on Friday, October 19th @ 5PM EST. Our existing network will continue to operate until then. See you then!

Thanks,
The BeanBlockz Management Team
OMG FINALLY I’M CRYING!! I’m so happy! I haven’t been online lately because I been bored af!

Status
Not open for further replies.