Beanblockz Events

ashley

Nov 4, 2015
Hi everyone!

You may or may not know that I've recently been promoted to head of our event staff team and with that title, my job is to help organize things within the event team/events, come up with plans, etc & one of the first things I'd like to start with is getting feedback from the community. Below, I have a few questions that I'd love to get answers for; from you guys! You don't have to answer all of the questions - or any, if you don't want to but I'd appreciate any & all feedback.​

What events would you like to see either more of or in general?
Please keep in mind that all events must be able to be 'hosted' by the event team on a website like kahoot and rabb.it or must be able to be done on the server itself/server's Discord.​

For movie events, what movies would you guys like to watch?
All movies need to be family friendly / child appropriate as Beanblockz is a family friendly server.​

Also for movie events, would you like to see an occasional movie 'marathon'?
Examples: High School Musical 1-3, Camp Rock 1- 2 or two to three movies in general.​

If you have any additional comments (or suggestions) about events, please feel free to comment them as long as they're nice. Also, if you've yet to be apart of an event, make sure you're apart of our Discord (How to join our Discord) because an event staff member posts here any time they'll be hosting one! Hope to see your answers below, thank you!

Last edited:

Cookkiee

Apr 10, 2017
I think something like an open mic would be interesting. Basically people can sing, play an instrument, read a poem etc through a Discord call.

I don't have a preference although I think it would be really nice if the players could be able to vote for a movie, there are even bots for this so that's an idea.

A big concern with this would be people having to leave, due to time zones. I think if you were to watch something like the Highschool Musical series it should be spread out over days like, the first one being on day one and the next movie the next day. Rather than them back to back. Also it might be cool to do a tv show because its normally 40 minutes and people tend to be able to be there the whole time!

ashley

Nov 4, 2015
I think something like an open mic would be interesting. Basically people can sing, play an instrument, read a poem etc through a Discord call.

I don't have a preference although I think it would be really nice if the players could be able to vote for a movie, there are even bots for this so that's an idea.

A big concern with this would be people having to leave, due to time zones. I think if you were to watch something like the Highschool Musical series it should be spread out over days like, the first one being on day one and the next movie the next day. Rather than them back to back. Also it might be cool to do a tv show because its normally 40 minutes and people tend to be able to be there the whole time!
An karaoke type of event has been hosted twice, so far, I believe but I'll put it on my list with the open mic part included. Also, voting for the movie is something I've been planning on starting (though, possibly, not always). Thank you for your answers!

May 18, 2019
Hi!
- For an event, we can do a type of escape room(?) on the server. I love solving puzzles and making combinations and finding secret doors, which could be made out of Redstone contraptions.
- For a movie, we could watch Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon, which both so happen to be a series that we could do a marathon!
- For the marathons, I agree with Cookkiee about the time zone thing, but I also like the idea of doing a television series, like A Series of Unfortunate Events, on Netflix, and Gravity Falls, on Hulu, or something else kid friendly.

-Cait <3

myuglytoe

Jul 17, 2016
Yo idk if anybody remembers those old 2000s barbie movies or Monster high movies from 2010s but y'all need to do a marathon of that bc there are so many people who have childhood nostalgia over that . Plus im loving all the movie events keep them coming! <3

ashley

Nov 4, 2015
Hi!
- For an event, we can do a type of escape room(?) on the server. I love solving puzzles and making combinations and finding secret doors, which could be made out of Redstone contraptions.
- For a movie, we could watch Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon, which both so happen to be a series that we could do a marathon!
- For the marathons, I agree with Cookkiee about the time zone thing, but I also like the idea of doing a television series, like A Series of Unfortunate Events, on Netflix, and Gravity Falls, on Hulu, or something else kid friendly.

-Cait <3
I would have to discuss with the rest of the team and see if an escape room would be something we'd be able to do & the tv series thing as well. For your movies, I'll add them to the list - I've hosted a movie event where we did watch Shrek, but we could always watch it again!

ashley

Nov 4, 2015
Yo idk if anybody remembers those old 2000s barbie movies or Monster high movies from 2010s but y'all need to do a marathon of that bc there are so many people who have childhood nostalgia over that . Plus im loving all the movie events keep them coming! <3
I'll add them to the list for possible movies & thank you!! We enjoy hosting them!

Luna_Moon

Dedicated Member
Dec 14, 2015
How about adding along to the build competitions, other competitions in different servers like for example a sky island channels on SkyBlock, and a village one challenge or something on survival (or something like that idk)