Am I allowed to re-create my application, the time of my application I didn't have a few of the requirements. Now I do.
I would need a bit more information to answer that correctly, because it mostly depends on the situation. As Chaeri said, feel free to DM any of the Sr.+ staff (myself included) so that we can further look into that for you.Definitely direct message a Sr. Mod about this!
As @Rxsq said, a few warns won’t disqualify you, however that doesn’t necessarily mean if your record is squeaky clean you’ll automatically get inSo only if you have a clean/keyspam record you will be mentioned?
What if you have been banned one time will you not get to be a modHey all!
In these past few months, the staff team has noticed a few threads floating around in attempts to help others with the application process we use to select new team members. Although we love seeing our users helping one another out, we did see a few misconceptions out there that we'd like to clarify + some other information we'd love to share . In this thread you will find everything you need to know about applying for the position, plus get the chance to ask any questions you have directly to the source (Staff team).
The first thing you'll need to know when applying is our requirements. These are non-negotiable unless otherwise stated, and must be met in order to be accepted onto the team :
**Never lie on your application, we always find out . Providing misinformation on your application will result in an instant demotion + the possibility of further punishment, and will disqualify you in any future staff applications.**
- At least 13 years old. (If you are under the age of 13, please do not apply. Applications submitted of person(s) under the age of 13 will unfortunately not be read.)
- Fluent in English
- Not staff on any other server
- Able to speak to us over Discord
- Able to record gameplay and upload to YouTube
- Able to take screenshots and upload to a site such as Imgur
- Able to dedicate at least an hour every day or two to the server (we fully understand that school/work takes up time -- if this is a problem we can always make exceptions, just let us know)
- Relatively clean punishment record. (NOTE: You will not be denied for having 3 warnings for key spam. Although we discourage key spam, it is much more concerning to see a pattern of disrespectful or abusive behavior.
These are not required, however we strongly suggest following some of these tips :
- Use proper grammar, and correct punctuation!
- Color is fine, but please avoid using the color yellow. It hurts our eyes and makes us sad
- Limit the usage of emoji's, a few are fine!
- Be yourself! This is not a competition of who can write the best application, we are looking for who is the best qualified!
- Do not ask staff members to help write or review your application, they are not allowed to.
- Do not harass the moderators about applications, often times they know just as much as you do.
- Be patient. On average we receive 500+ applications and we read every single one of them. (unless specific requirements were not met.)
- Do not make multiple applications. This includes creating applications for both your main, and your alternate account(s).
- Take your time. As mentioned above, we read every single application. Being first does not increase your chances, quality does.
- Don't be discouraged if your application isn't accepted. The majority of our staff applied multiple times before being accepted! Yours truly being one of them!
- Don't create fake applications. Trolling won't be tolerated.
- Read over your application before submitting it — you can only create one application, so ensure it’s to your liking.
- Avoid creating any unnecessary comments under your application. If you’ve forgotton to include something that you feel is impactful or important, go ahead.
- Avoid just answering "yes" or "no" to questions. Give us a little detail!
Things you should know before applying :
- Becoming a staff member will not provide you with contact to Joel or Lizzie.
- Your application must be entirely your own work - if you are found to have copied any part of your application from the internet it will be instantly denied and you will not be able to apply for staff again.
- Again, please don't rush your application. We're looking for quality applications - something you've managed to write in 15 minutes is most likely not quality!
- If accepted, you are willingly giving up majority of your own gameplay to ensure the happiness of others gameplay. If this is not something that appeals to you (which is understandable), I strongly recommend you do not apply.
- Although we function as a family, being a staff member is not all fun and games. If you are easily stressed or disturbed this position may not be the best fit for you.
- Behavior displayed on any of our platforms will be taken into consideration.
- This may seem obvious but CHECK YOUR DM’s! All new recruits will be contacted via forum message BEFORE the announcement. If we do not hear back from you within a reasonable amount of time, you may lose your spot to the next best candidate!
- Any and all accounts to be used for moderation MUST be yours, and yours alone. Sharing accounts (Minecraft, Discord, Forums, and any other platform we may ask you to use) is not tolerated.
- Apply for the right reasons! If you love Beanblockz and want to help our community, please apply!
Frequently asked questions. Please ensure your question is not listed here before asking!
When will applications open?
Applications are now live until April 30th! Apply here.
I have warnings for key-spam and caps? Does this disqualify me?
Absolutely not. We discourage the use of key-spam and caps, however we do understand slip ups happen.
Do I get to meet SmallishBeans and LDShadowlady if I'm accepted?
No. Being a moderator will provide you with no contact to Joel or Lizzie.
I don't have a rank. Can I still apply?
Of course! Your in-game rank does not increase or decrease your chances when applying
Is "Moderator" a rank I can buy?
Nope! It's a rank you have to earn!
What are the benefits of being a Moderator?
Besides being a Beanblockz Super-Hero, you will be given access to the features of the rank [Knight], and /fly on all game-modes. Additionally, you'll get to meet and interact with some really cool people from all across the globe!
I'm not 13 yet, can I please still apply?
Unfortunately we do not accept staff under the age of 13. You will have to wait until you become of age.
I have a rank higher than [Knight], will I lose my rank if I become a Moderator?
Nope! We essentially swap out your current prefix (the rank part) for a [Mod] prefix. You will still have access to all the same commands and benefits as you currently do, plus the new ones you earn after becoming a staff member.
How can I check my in game history? (Warnings, Bans, Mutes, etc.)
Is it okay if I change my IGN?
I’m not comfortable using voice chat. Is it necessary?
Typically, a voice chat will only be required in the case that we have any questions about your application. Worth noting is that these chats typically last 10-15 minutes with 1-2 Senior+ staff members and are completely private.
We completely understand that this is the internet, and respect any boundaries you may have, so if this is truly a problem for you just let us know upon being contacted so we can work something out.
How long should my application really be? Is length good or bad?
Your application should be long enough to include all the information you feel necessary to show why you believe you would make a good moderator, but generally not so long that it could be labeled as a book. I'd also like to mention that quality does not always correlate with length. Sometimes an application that's right to the point appears more qualified than an application that's 2 pages long and filled with "fluff".
**Forum will be continually updated to ensure that it shares current information + add to the F.A.Q.**