Menu

Join Discord Server 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.beanblockz.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE

Important Applying to be a Moderator - What you need to know

Barp___

Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Hey all!

In these past few months, the staff team has noticed a few threads floating around in attempts to help others with the application process we use to select new team members. Although we love seeing our users helping one another out, we did see a few misconceptions out there that we'd like to clarify + some other information we'd love to share :). In this thread you will find everything you need to know about applying for the position, plus get the chance to ask any questions you have directly to the source (Staff team).

Requirements
The first thing you'll need to know when applying is our requirements. These are non-negotiable unless otherwise stated, and must be met in order to be accepted onto the team :

• At least 13 years old. (If you are under the age of 13, please do not apply. Applications submitted of person(s) under the age of 13 will unfortunately not be read.)
  • Fluent in English
  • Not staff on any other server
  • Able to speak to us over Discord
  • Able to record gameplay and upload to YouTube
  • Able to take screenshots and upload to a site such as Imgur
  • Able to dedicate at least an hour every day or two to the server (we fully understand that school/work takes up time -- if this is a problem we can always make exceptions, just let us know)
  • Relatively clean punishment record. (NOTE: You will not be denied for having 3 warnings for key spam. Although we discourage key spam, it is much more concerning to see a pattern of disrespectful or abusive behavior.
**Never lie on your application, we always find out :cool:. Providing misinformation on your application will result in an instant demotion + the possibility of further punishment, and will disqualify you in any future staff applications.**

Tips
These are not required, however we strongly suggest following some of these tips :
  • Use proper grammar, and correct punctuation!
  • Limit the usage of emoji's, a few are fine!
  • Be yourself! This is not a competition of who can write the best application, we are looking for who is the best qualified!
  • Do not ask staff members to help write or review your application, they are not allowed to.
  • Do not harass the moderators about applications, often times they know just as much as you do.
  • Be patient. On average we receive 500+ applications and we read every single one of them. (unless specific requirements were not met.)
  • Do not make multiple applications. This includes creating applications for both your main, and your alternate account(s).
  • Take your time. As mentioned above, we read every single application. Being first does not increase your chances, quality does.
  • Don't be discouraged if your application isn't accepted. The majority of our staff applied multiple times before being accepted! Yours truly being one of them!
  • Don't create fake applications. Trolling won't be tolerated.
  • Read over your application before submitting it — you can only create one application, so ensure it’s to your liking.
  • Avoid creating any unnecessary comments under your application. If you’ve forgotton to include something that you feel is impactful or important, go ahead.
  • Avoid just answering "yes" or "no" to questions. Give us a little detail!
Additional Information
Things you should know before applying :
  • Becoming a staff member will not provide you with contact to Joel or Lizzie.
  • Applications are for becoming a moderator exclusively. We do not have public applications for event staff or other.
  • Your application must be entirely your own work - if you are found to have copied any part of your application from the internet it will be instantly denied and you will not be able to apply for staff again.
  • Again, please don't rush your application. We're looking for quality applications - something you've managed to write in 15 minutes is most likely not quality!
  • If accepted, you are willingly giving up majority of your own gameplay to ensure the happiness of others gameplay. If this is not something that appeals to you (which is understandable), I strongly recommend you do not apply.
  • Although we function as a family, being a staff member is not all fun and games. If you are easily stressed or disturbed this position may not be the best fit for you.
  • Behavior displayed on any of our platforms will be taken into consideration.
  • This may seem obvious but CHECK YOUR DM’s! All new recruits will be contacted via forum message BEFORE the announcement. If we do not hear back from you within a reasonable amount of time, you may lose your spot to the next best candidate!
  • Any and all accounts to be used for moderation MUST be yours, and yours alone. Sharing accounts (Minecraft, Discord, Forums, and any other platform we may ask you to use) is not tolerated.
  • Apply for the right reasons! If you love Beanblockz and want to help our community, please apply!
FAQs
Frequently asked questions. Please ensure your question is not listed here before asking!

When will applications open?
We currently don’t have a set date for our next set of applications. Keep an eye out on our forums and twitter for future updates.

How do I know if I've been accepted?
All chosen candidates will be messaged via the forums prior to the announcement being made. Messages are typically sent out the week of applications closing. Keep an eye out!

How many people get accepted?
Theres never a set number. Essentially, we pick as many people as we think are best qualified.

I have warnings for key-spam and caps? Does this disqualify me?
Absolutely not. We discourage the use of key-spam and caps, however we do understand slip ups happen.

Do I get to meet SmallishBeans and LDShadowlady if I'm accepted?
No. Being a moderator will provide you with no contact to Joel or Lizzie.

I don't have a rank. Can I still apply?
Of course! Your in-game rank does not increase or decrease your chances when applying :)

Is "Moderator" a rank I can buy?
Nope! It's a rank you have to earn!

What are the benefits of being a Moderator?
Besides being a Beanblockz Super-Hero, you will be given access to the features of the rank [Knight], and /fly on all game-modes. Additionally, you'll get to meet and interact with some really cool people from all across the globe!

I'm not 13 yet, can I please still apply?
Unfortunately we do not accept staff under the age of 13. You will have to wait until you become of age.

I have a rank higher than [Knight], will I lose my rank if I become a Moderator?
Nope! We essentially swap out your current prefix (the rank part) for a [Mod] prefix. You will still have access to all the same commands and benefits as you currently do, plus the new ones you earn after becoming a staff member.

How can I check my in game history? (Warnings, Bans, Mutes, etc.)
https://bans.beanblockz.com/

Is it okay if I change my IGN?
Sure thing!

I’m not comfortable using voice chat. Is it necessary?
Typically, a voice chat will only be required in the case that we have any questions about your application. Worth noting is that these chats typically last 10-15 minutes with 1-2 Senior+ staff members and are completely private.
We completely understand that this is the internet, and respect any boundaries you may have, so if this is truly a problem for you just let us know upon being contacted so we can work something out.

How long should my application really be? Is length good or bad?
Your application should be long enough to include all the information you feel necessary to show why you believe you would make a good moderator, but generally not so long that it could be labeled as a book. I'd also like to mention that quality does not always correlate with length. Sometimes an application that's right to the point appears more qualified than an application that's 2 pages long and filled with "fluff".

**Forum will be continually updated to ensure that it shares current information + add to the F.A.Q.**

Last edited:

izzyy

Dedicated Member
thanks for putting time and effort into this barp! this will help us a lot. :)

(second)

Last edited:

SarahPlaysX

Newcomer
Hey all!

In these past few months, the staff team has noticed a few threads floating around in attempts to help others with the application process we use to select new team members. Although we love seeing our users helping one another out, we did see a few misconceptions out there that we'd like to clarify + some other information we'd love to share :). In this thread you will find everything you need to know about applying for the position, plus get the chance to ask any questions you have directly to the source (Staff team).

Requirements
The first thing you'll need to know when applying is our requirements. These are non-negotiable unless otherwise stated, and must be met in order to be accepted onto the team :

• At least 13 years old. (If you are under the age of 13, please do not apply. Applications submitted of person(s) under the age of 13 will unfortunately not be read.)
  • Fluent in English
  • Not staff on any other server
  • Able to speak to us over Discord
  • Able to record gameplay and upload to YouTube
  • Able to take screenshots and upload to a site such as Imgur
  • Able to dedicate at least an hour every day or two to the server (we fully understand that school/work takes up time -- if this is a problem we can always make exceptions, just let us know)
  • Relatively clean punishment record. (NOTE: You will not be denied for having 3 warnings for key spam. Although we discourage key spam, it is much more concerning to see a pattern of disrespectful or abusive behavior.
**Never lie on your application, we always find out :cool:. Providing misinformation on your application will result in an instant demotion + the possibility of further punishment, and will disqualify you in any future staff applications.**

Tips
These are not required, however we strongly suggest following some of these tips :
  • Use proper grammar, and correct punctuation!
  • Color is fine, but please avoid using the color yellow. It hurts our eyes and makes us sad :(
  • Limit the usage of emoji's, a few are fine!
  • Be yourself! This is not a competition of who can write the best application, we are looking for who is the best qualified!
  • Do not ask staff members to help write or review your application, they are not allowed to.
  • Do not harass the moderators about applications, often times they know just as much as you do.
  • Be patient. On average we receive 500+ applications and we read every single one of them. (unless specific requirements were not met.)
  • Do not make multiple applications. This includes creating applications for both your main, and your alternate account(s).
  • Take your time. As mentioned above, we read every single application. Being first does not increase your chances, quality does.
  • Don't be discouraged if your application isn't accepted. The majority of our staff applied multiple times before being accepted! Yours truly being one of them!
Additional Information
Things you should know before applying :
  • Becoming a staff member will not provide you with contact to Joel or Lizzie.
  • Your application must be entirely your own work - if you are found to have copied any part of your application from the internet it will be instantly denied and you will not be able to apply for staff again.
  • Again, please don't rush your application. We're looking for quality applications - something you've managed to write in 15 minutes is most likely not quality!
  • If accepted, you are willingly giving up majority of your own gameplay to ensure the happiness of others gameplay. If this is not something that appeals to you (which is understandable), I strongly recommend you do not apply.
  • Although we function as a family, being a staff member is not all fun and games. If you are easily stressed or disturbed this position may not be the best fit for you.
  • Behavior displayed on any of our platforms will be taken into consideration.
  • Apply for the right reasons! If you love Beanblockz and want to help our community, please apply!
FAQs
Frequently asked questions. Please ensure your question is not listed here before asking!

When will applications open?
We do not have a set time or date for applications. Typically, applications open towards the end of the month when we feel we need more moderators.

I have warnings for key-spam and caps? Does this disqualify me?
Absolutely not. We discourage the use of key-spam and caps, however we do understand slip ups happen.

Do I get to meet SmallishBeans and LDShadowlady if I'm accepted?
No. Being a moderator will provide you with no contact to Joel or Lizzie.

I don't have a rank. Can I still apply?
Of course! Your in-game rank does not increase or decrease your chances when applying :)

Is "Moderator" a rank I can buy?
Nope! It's a rank you have to earn!

What are the benefits of being a Moderator?
Besides being a Beanblockz Super-Hero, you will be given access to the features of the rank [Knight] + get to meet and interact with some really cool people from all across the globe!

I'm not 13 yet, can I please still apply?
Unfortunately we do not accept staff under the age of 13. You will have to wait until you become of age.

**Forum will be continually updated to ensure that it shares current information + add to the F.A.Q.**
Just a question about having to speak or discord, just say you have discord but dont feel comfortable talking can you mute your mic and text or do you have to talk ?

Barp___

Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Just a question about having to speak or discord, just say you have discord but dont feel comfortable talking can you mute your mic and text or do you have to talk ?
Yep, this is fine! The only case in which we would absolutely need to voice chat would be if higher staff have any questions for you. (Usually though, any questions we have can be discussed through text.) The purpose of making discord mandatory is more about making sure we have staff moderating it as well as the server.

auggie

Dedicated Member
This is is a very nice statement. If I do apply in the future this thread is for sure something i’m going to look back on. Good job as always barp :)